Angus is a people leader and marketing strategist who manages high performance teams resulting in organisation success, achieved by:
• Translating complex technologies and evangelizing such into plain language
• Assessing the big picture and quickly determining appropriate actions
• Surrounding myself with the right people and treating them fairly
• Understanding the customer perspective from Public Sector, B2B to Consumer including partners and alliances, matching that with Stakeholder needs
• Driving change to capitalise on new opportunities and solve problems
Angus is experienced in running large value/volume product & services businesses supported by developing people and progressive thinking strategic plans. He performs at his best when he is in (or creating) a positive, energetic, open and honest environment, where there is a clear picture of tangible outcomes to deliver, and where he has genuine autonomy to lead and inspire teams to step up.
B Bus (Marketing), Company Director course – Australian Institute of Company Directors
Specialties: Marketing of Consumer Electronics, Telecommunications and Information Technology Hardware, Software & Solutions. People Management and Strategic planning.
Q: How long have you been in the marketing industry?
A: 30 years
Q: Over this time what are some of the big changes positive or negative you have seen in the industry?
A: The numbers of possible marketing levers has increased significantly with the digital age which is both good and bad, however the ability to target customers today is a massive advantage to marketers of both large and small organisations.
Q: How do you maintain success and company growth with the rapid industry changes?
A: Focus on your business and objectives. Be aware but not distracted by industry changes.
Q: What is the best piece of advice you have received within your job over the years?
A: Focus on the outcome and fail fast.
Q: What is one key takeaway you hope our CXO audience leaves with after hearing your presentation on site?
A: Question what really is important and what actions will bring the best results for the whole corporation